EU – U.S. PRIVACY SHIELD AND SWISS – U.S. PRIVACY SHIELD COMPLIANT
To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov
AFFILIATE, PARTNER AND THIRD-PARTY WEB SITES
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
“Personal Data" is any information that relates to you and that identifies you either directly from that information or indirectly, by reference to other information that we have access to. Grail Insights collects Personal Information in order to provide you with enhanced features such as customized content, access to special sections on our website, or e-mail delivery of blog posts. Further, this Personal Information will enable us to respond to your requests, to communicate with you, to support or enhance your relationship with us, and improve our services.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION GRAIL INSIGHTS ACTIVELY COLLECTS
- When you choose to register with our Site for newsletters or white papers or when you choose to participate in an online forum, contest, sweepstakes, survey or voting procedure, we may collect Personal Information that includes, but is not limited to, your name, position or role, company name, physical mailing address, your email address, and phone number(s). We may also ask you to provide us with demographic information or information regarding your interests, hobbies or similar information.
- When you attend trade shows, conferences or other events, we may collect Personal Information that includes, but is not limited to, your name, position or role, company, address, email address, work address, and phone numbers.
- We may provide you the opportunity to e-mail a friend an invitation to join the Site. The e-mail addresses you supply us for such activity will be used to send the requested e-mail and will not be used to send you or your friend any other e-mail communications.
- When you visit the careers section of the website or register your interest in working for us, you may be asked to provide your email address, residence, education, work experience and other similar information.
- If you access one or more of Grail Insights’ web-based technology platforms, you may be asked to provide certain Personal Information in order to access those web–based services.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION GRAIL INSIGHTS PASSIVELY COLLECTS: COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
This Site, Grail Insights’ online services, applications, platforms, email messages, and advertisements, if any, may use "cookies" and other technologies to collect information about you. A cookie is a small data file stored on the web browser on your computer’s hard drive. A cookie associates the identification numbers built into the cookie with information about you that you have provided to us. This association allows us to recognize you when you arrive at our web site. Other technologies tell us where on our website you have visited, counts how many users visited certain web pages within our web site, and measures the effectiveness of advertisements, if any, and web searches
LIMITATIONS ON USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Grail Insights may, if required by law, legal process, litigation and/or requests from public or governmental authorities, disclose your Personal Information. We may also disclose Personal Information about you if we determine, in good faith and in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary for purposes of national security, law enforcement, the prevention of a crime, or other issues of public importance. We may also disclose Personal Information about you if we determine, in our sole discretion, that it is reasonably necessary to enforce the T&Cs, or to protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a corporate reorganization, merger or acquisition, or sale, we may transfer any and all Personal Information we collect to a relevant third party.
OPTING OUT: HOW YOU CONTROL THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the event you decide that you want to opt out from Grail Insights’ use of your Personal Information that you previously provided to Grail Insights, you may opt out of our use of your Personal Information by contacting us at email@example.com
INTEGRITY, PROTECTION AND RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
There may be times that you wish to access your Personal Information. Grail Insights makes commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with access to your Personal Information so you can instruct us to correct or update the Personal Information if it is inaccurate, or delete your Personal Information if Grail Insights is not required to retain it by law or for a legitimate business purpose. To receive a copy of your Personal Information, or to provide instructions to us on what you want corrected or updated, send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
This web site is not intended for use by children. Grail Insights does not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain the consent of your parent or guardian to use this Web Site. Grail Insights encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests.
INQUIRIES AND COMPLAINTS
Grail Insights has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints to an independent dispute resolution mechanism operated by the International Centre for Dispute Resolution (“ICDR”), the international division of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Grail Insights, then please visit https://info.adr.org/safeharbor
for more information or to file a complaint. The services of ICDR/AAA are provided at no cost to you. You may have the ability, under certain conditions, to invoke binding arbitration with a Privacy Shield Panel for complaints regarding Grail Insight’s Privacy Shield compliance not resolved by any of the other Privacy Shield mechanisms. For additional information regarding this arbitration, please visit: https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction
Last Revision Update: July 16, 2018