A Project Lead is an integral part of the project management cadre at Grail Insights. He/she is responsible for project, client and team management across multiple projects/proposals/client engagements. He/she also assumes a leadership role in internal organization initiatives such as knowledge and talent management.
Account and Project Management
- Expertise and experience in managing strategic business research and consulting projects, across industry verticals and/or geographies.
- Able to independently engage with clients, and manage projects and teams, with senior management cover limited to strategic intervention.
- Manage end-to-end execution of complex projects, including:
- Analytical planning, leveraging client email/call notes.
- Work planning: realistic, in view of project requirements and team skill level; sharing proactive updates with internal and client stakeholders; reprioritizing efforts if required.
- Research methodology: strong with core methodologies (secondary; primary qualitative; primary quantitative); good learning curve at new/innovative ones (social media listening; implicit research; etc.)
- Quality and Productivity: at a deliverable/output, individual and team level.
- Insights: Crisp yet comprehensive insight decks, keeping in mind the audience/consumers.
- Support BD efforts via client proposals and thought leadership whitepapers.
- Help manage project margins, via effective and efficient utilization of internal (team members, databases, etc.) and external (vendors, syndicated reports, etc.) resources.
- Accurately understand the client’s business imperatives and research objectives.
- Manage client expectations in terms of depth and breadth of research, format and granularity of output, and key milestones across the project timeline.
- Handle all client communication independently, including:
- Conversing on project insights/implications and thinking on-the-feet (on client questions, including tricky ones)
- Questioning/critiquing client hypotheses, brainstorming on potential outcomes, sharing Grail POV
- Ideating with client via workshop delivery (if applicable)
- Manage (simultaneously) 1-3 project teams, with a span of 5-7 execution resources, across varying levels of project complexity.
- Share objective and constructive (written/verbal, periodic/on-the-fly) feedback with team members, with suggestions on improvement areas/next steps.
- Provide effective and efficient coaching and mentorship on core and soft skills, for tagged team members as well as assigned professional development advisees.
- Offer, and enable, step-up opportunities to individuals to help them progress to the next level.
- Take a leadership role in organization improvement initiatives and activities such as knowledge management.
- Design, and conduct, skill-based internal training sessions, as part of the new hire induction program as well as periodic L&D activities.
- Help the organization scale-up via active participation in recruitment drives (off/on-campus).