At Grail Insights, we currently have a requirement for a ‘Sr. System Administrator’ as part of our IT team. We need this technical person for strengthening current team who can support business and mentor junior team members for day to day issues related to
o Server/ Network Operations
o IT Compliances & Security Infrastructure Operations
o Incident and Change management etc.
This person will also be responsible to ensure smooth functioning of the Site / Global IT System & Security Infrastructure (Servers / LAN) of the company (Level 2/3 Support)
To ensure smooth functioning of the Site / Global IT System & Security Infrastructure (Servers / LAN) of the company (Level 2/3 Support)
- To maintain and secure Data Centre Equipments, Servers, Desktops for secure access to data and information on servers and secure Internet.
- Perform related duties as assigned or requested. Directly and indirectly responsible for meeting day-to-day administrative needs and problem resolution within the Distributed network & Server environment
- Assists directly or indirectly (through vendors) with implementation of hardware and software changes to servers and related devices.
- Integrates and schematically depicts communication architectures, topologies, and hardware
- Participates in server planning, network architecture design, and engineering
- Proactively identifies technical and procedural areas of concern to avoid gaps and problems.
- Ensures the implementation of operations policy changes consistent with corporate objectives.
- To maintain records as required by internal quality and Information Security policies.
- Maintain Network Devices on-prem and on cloud Infrastructure.
- Good to have Office 365 (o365) expertise (Rules, Policies etc.)
- May design specifications for, develop, test, debug and deploy software or install, customize, test, debug and deploy complex vendor operating system, network to meet needs, refresh technology, or enhance the operating systems and network.
- Attends planning meetings and actively contributes ideas and critiques.
- Assists high level management in reviewing overall plans and identifying gaps and needed tasks.
- Serves as a project lead or project representative on a single phase or on multiple phases of one or more research projects.
- Makes complex modifications to existing environments to fit specialized needs and configurations.
- Participates in the evaluation of vendor proposals, conducts infrastructure studies and develops reference architectures.
- Supervisory responsibilities include writing and delivering performance management reviews.
- Maintain up-to-date records for Schemas / topologies and system configurations in terms of network diagrams and processes.
- Follow Security and Change Management policies. Guide and mentor junior team members in the same.
- Handle IT related systems escalations from Level 1 /Desktop/Network team. To ensure smooth communication between global offices across nations through the Internet.