As part of the Process Management and Analytics (PM&A) group at Grail Insights, one of our client-facing teams provides operational analytics and decision-making support to the finance operations team of a large multinational tech client. The team helps in managing client
processes through timely, accurate, and insightful reporting and analyses. Additionally, the team collaborates with the client to suggest and implement various process improvement initiatives and cost management/reduction opportunities.
As a Management Trainee, you will be required to directly work with client stakeholders to help them organize their financial and other internal data in structured spreadsheets/dashboards, as per their requirements. You will also be involved in helping them manage their costs/revenue, ensuring that their financial data are in line with the existing/changing scopes of work, etc.
- Work with project teams and design analysis plan and most effective search strategies. Gather required information and filter relevant themes using a broad set of tools (e.g., subscription databases, the Internet, print media, company representatives, external research organizations, and telephonic interviews with industry experts).
- Utilize both secondary and primary (interview, survey) research sources and techniques
Organize, analyze, synthesize and/or summarize data and information using appropriate analytical tools. Conduct quantitative (statistical analysis, financial data analysis, etc.) and qualitative analysis (in-depth interviews, etc.) as required
- Communicate research results through structured end-products (memos, spreadsheets, reports, presentations, etc.). Cull out key insights from data and research findings
- Building, improving, and maintaining complex financial models for periodic and ad hoc analysis
- Preparing dashboards, management reports, and ad hoc reports to report key metrics
Understanding client's business unit targets (revenue and/or cost) and preparing revised financial guidance, i.e. updated budget and forecast, as required to reflect changing business outlook
- Independently engaging with the client to communicate project updates, key findings, and analysis
- Adhere to in-house processes and client deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving aptitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and self-driven; eagerness to take new initiatives
- Solution-oriented thought process
- Strong attention to detail with a high focus on data integrity
- Ability to question processes and suggest areas for process improvement
- Logical and creative thinker with a desire to get involved at Grail Insights
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience involving: management reporting, vendor management; working in finance, procurement teams, etc.
- Strong excel skills - experience in building excel dashboards, financial modeling, etc.
- Coding experience; proficient with SQL and VBA scripting
- Knowledge of statistical and quantitative techniques including regression, correlation, linear/logarithmic modeling, etc.
No. of Open Positions: 4